Friday, January 14, 2011

30 days: day two

day two – a picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest

My sister, Esther, and I. We're 11 years apart, and our favorite thing to do is to lie on the couch and make fun of each other or make a fool of ourselves. I make it a point to say sorry to her and ask for her forgiveness when I say or do something that hurt her, and I also make it a point to share with her my worries and fears. I've been learning to be humble in this way.

Esther gets ecstatic over badminton, and like most kids, she doesn't like veggie, so she grew up on a pact with my mom that she would eat whatever veggie's on her plate, but not anymore haha. She is a huge fan of Korean pop and drama, and she's roped my mom and me into watching Korean shows too. So good. I love her because she is my sister. Apparently almost every lady
(except one) in a Christian community told my mom to abort Esther (??!!!) for reasons that disregard the sanctity of God-given life and were extremely derogatory to our family. None of us would have been able to see beyond the financial woes of having to raise a fourth child at home to realize that the affection and laughter that she has brought back into our house being a little sis is so invaluable, and I dare say, lifechanging.

I know Esther will grow up to be a beautiful woman, and a mighty laborer in God's Kingdom! I pray that for her regularly.

No harm putting more silly photos of us I'm sure! :D Shame on all the people who were for Esther to be aborted, we're having so much fun in our lives right now...and so much more to come!



I took a mega-zoomed in photo of my sis and she sought revenge hahaha.




No comments:

Post a Comment