Monday, January 17, 2011

30 days: day five

day five – a picture of your favorite memory

Haowei, Jon, Me, Teewei, Raymond, and Cat,
on my goodbye party at Jon's house in Tucson where we met every Friday with everyone

One of my favorite memories is my time spent with Jon Heine, my first discipler, while I was on a semester's exchange to U of A in Spring 2009. God used him to change my life a great deal, and I still remember the times we had together. He treated me like a father treats a daughter, and as a brother who protects her sister, and as a friend - all these would only be possible within God's love. God used his prayers and his phone calls to protect me when I felt really helpless and my safety was threatened while being alone in a foreign city. God used him to bring my secret sins to light, and in Jesus' name I cut them off and I no longer am controlled by these sins.

If anything, Jon probably saw the most of my tears and thoughts while I was there. Second to Jesus. He would hold my hand and give me a safe hug like a father would. I am so excited that we will live together for ever in the coming Kingdom with Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment