Tuesday, January 2, 2007

My Heart Grows Fonder

I ushered in the new year with tears of worries that seemed unnecessary, yet inevitable because what I fear may be eventually realised. And I couldn't fight the tears back when I left for home after our class lunch. Is it just the PMS that's accentuating all my feelings? Nonetheless, absence makes my heart grow fonder. Having to meet and part again today made me all the more sadder than before.

Please meet up, class! I miss all of you so much: Amos, JT, Arina, Haz, Sher, Adiba, Ches, Simin, Grace, Joyce, Ivan, Sam, Olie, Si, Mel, Ank, Reks, Steph and last but not least, Kenneth. Please try not to be absent to the extent that we can distinguish the 'usual' attendees and the 'usual' absentees. I can draw flowers for all of you every day if you would come for a reunion! Oh! if only we could see each other every day like in the past. Which reality forbids and beckons me to move on with life.

Which I will. How can I face tomorrow? I hope I will embrace change, which I usually try to avoid, with help from the Lord.

----------------

Thanks Olie, for a fellow latecomer and being sensitive of my feelings as always. Thanks Si, for being always dependable and for your salmon pink shirt that ensured I WAS on the right track. Thanks Reks, for your quiet presence, though I wished you laughed your special laughter. Thanks Ches, for the Apple Green Tea bottle that you brought and the amusing violence demonstrated in preparation for child-rearing. LOL. Thanks Simin, for being willing to spend your time with us despite your busy schedule. Thanks JT, for the finger-lickin' good chicken wings you ordered. Thanks Kenneth, for your jokes that always crack me up and the psychedelic and white drawings.

Let's meet up soon, I miss all of you very VERY much :(

3 comments:

  1. You forgot me! :( Boo.
    Yes daph, we shall go back to ACJC together someday soon. You guys made the 2 years so memorable. Did you really tear? Awww. Yeah, I guess change is good, as we hold on to our past memories, may we create new ones for the year 2007. I trust that we'll still be a very close class. We'll organise more meet ups! :)

    ALL THE BEST FOR THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, MS TAN!

    <3, MS KOOR! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. as the new year begins, i kinda feel weird not having to go back to school. maybe i took it for granted? it just feels so weird not having a class, a group of people, to laugh, chat, complain, study, fall asleep...with. I MISS EVERYBODY TOO! what u wrote really touched me too daph. i feel like crying! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce: Yes, I almost went a-loud-sobbin' on bus 153! Ok we must keep meeting up :) I guess we don't say it, but we miss each other, because we altruistically love each other.

    I'm crashing orientation tomorrow after school and before tuition. Come if you can, please! Contact JT, he's organising it. Time for the old-school days of mud+cowpat that people amazingly love to roll in. Yahoo.

    ReplyDelete