Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Good Money

If you know what work I did today, on my first day of relief teaching, you'd agree with me that i'm earning good money. Because the only effort I pitched in was the energy for metabolism, trips to the commode and the canteen, and for reading my Social Studies textbook, the part about Singapore's road to independence. How's that? Haha.

I only teach Secondary One kids on Wednesdays, and it just so happens that today is their first day of orientation. So, I had nothing to do the whole day. LOL. The only consolation is the salary. Nonetheless, I thank God for His gracious and merciful plan. Merciful because I get to learn from feedback and comments my fellow relief teachers gave after returning from their first lessons with the classes. Merciful because He knows I am a workaholic like my dad, especially when I get scared or stressed. Gracious because you know...the pay for today. Haha. Gracious because my colleagues are so humble and helpful. Gracious because the expressway makes the journey to school last for under 45 minutes for me to get home.

Serious teaching will commence tomorrow, but I'd still say the salary is good money, because what comes with it is a priceless teaching experience.

2 comments:

  1. hey i'll be doing relief teaching too! but at the pri 5 level though, starting this coming monday for the whole of january. cool stuff man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, coolness! Which school are you going to teach in? I suppose generally kids can either be nerdy and lukewarm or little monsters unleashed on earth. RAAAHHHH! Haha.

    ReplyDelete