Sunday, January 1, 2012

my blog over the years

I was reorganizing my posts a few days ago and I came across some amazing stuff, some hilarious stuff as well as some stuff that made me cringe and think, "How could I have written that? Why did I write like that???"


I cringe at some of the relatively egghead theological-ish essays that I used to write - but amazingly, reading much of it has quite convinced me that 1) God used an angry and arrogant person like me to speak - some of these words prick my heart even now though they were written before I started living the life of a Jesus-follower in May 2009; and 2) God has added more grace to my strong conviction of truth - and that came with realizing that people who are not Christians are also people, not effigies.


Also, I think I was hilarious when I blabbered, especially in the early years. Though this blog has evolved to primarily feature the darker topics of brokenness, evil, and sin, and how Jesus fulfills them in Love.


Anyways, here's a rag bundle of quotes that I sieved out, with an emphasis on my earlier writings.



I am going to tone my body
"Hurrah! Hurrah!" November 28, 2006

All that balancing on two alien-looking blocks familiar to women(called heels) is finally over.
"Finally", December 6, 2006

Sing as if you are putting a slab of char siew pork through the hook.
"Singing", January 20, 2007


Must it be that humans must be ugly-looking before they have truly beautiful hearts?
"Goldfish Eyes", June 16, 2007 


When we are at our last breaths, can we boldly, assuredly ask Lord Jesus to wait for us at heaven's gates?
"Someone Save Me", December 26, 2007

So I, too, am placed at where I best live out God's Will. 
"To: Me", April 17, 2008

What do we do with the ugly histories we discovered about others? And even, the present ugly things that they are doing? There are two ways to go from here, one of which is to pray for them in love and mourning, the other is to gossip and share more information in groups of people, making this distinction of the Other. 
"my paunchy ragbag", July 1, 2008

"Dear Arizona Green Tea...Tell them the truth. That you are from BROOKLYN."


Then I went home and dripped blood in the living room and on my other slipper because I needed the first-aid box from Dean III.
"My Red Badge of Courage", February 18, 2009

I didn't really fear God, though I thought I did.
"Two things", May 21, 2009

"And halfway through the party, I really felt the irony: if God is in charge, why am I worrying unnecessarily? 
"Why I Love Southern Gospel", December 13, 2009

If the way people 'do' church today is the best/most biblical way of expressing Christ's commands ("Love one another", and "Make disciples of all nations"), doesn't that mean that the early believers, and underground believers in North Korea and Cambodia are practicing a deficit faith? 
"dogged defenses?", April 25, 2010

How does a person congratulate himself for his years of existence?
"happy birthday?", November 2, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment