Friday, November 4, 2011

20 songs you can't sing at a wedding

Thinking of songs suitable for a wedding can be some pain in the donkey if you are me. I ran through in my head some of the songs I like and sadly, most of them won't make the cut. Here's ten of them:

1. Bible Belt | Dry the River
"Lo and behold, your mother is drinking again"

2. If You Think You Need Some Lovin' | Pomplamoose
"If you think you need some money, then honey that's just funny cos I got none"

3. Lights Out Words Gone | Bombay Bicycle Club
"Can you feel the leeches bite that boy that she took out tonight?"

4. The Things We Can and Cannot Keep | Alli Rogers
"Some things will tarry, some will return to dust"

5. Middle of the Bed | Lucy Rose
"Do you really want me back?"

6. Scarborough Fair | various, like Simon & Garfunkel's version
"She once was a true love of mine"

7. The Ladder | Andrew Belle
"I will be the one to prey upon you sweetly"

8. To Darkness | Mumford & Sons and The Dharohar Project
"Hold my sin above my head, and take me home instead"

9. King of Anything | Sara Bareilles
"Who cares if you disagree?"

10. Dog Days Are Over | Florence + The Machine
"Leave all your loving and longing behind"


What about songs in general? Some don't seem any more suitable for a wedding. Here's another ten:

11. Love the Way You Lie | Rihanna ft. Eminem
"Imma tie you the bedpost and set you on fire"

12. Girly Man
"Welcome the dude who ain't the buyer of mugs", and
"KILL HER!!!!!!"

13. It's My Party | Lesley Gore
"It's my party and I cry if I want to"

14. Barbie Girl | Aqua
"I'm a blonde bimbo girl in a fantasy world"

15. Shock | B2ST
"Everytime I shock"

16. Forget You | Cee Lo Green
"I pity the fools who fall in love with you"

17. Video Games | Lana Del Rey
"I heard that you like the bad girls. Honey, is that true?"

18. Maneater | Nelly Furtado
"She's a maneater, make you buy cars, make you cut cards, wish you never ever met her at all"

19. Beautiful Monster | Ne-Yo
"She's a monster but I don't mind"

Maybe this is good news or bad - presenting to you the final song...

20. In The End | Linkin Park
"In the end, it doesn't even matter"

No comments:

Post a Comment