Thursday, September 22, 2011

Insomnia/Sleepless in Singapore

I got shortlisted! For...

this.

It's part of the Singapore Writers Festival next month. Ghaz from Goodfellas will be putting it to music. Once the song is up, there's online voting followed by a public voting at the Grand Finale itself. And of course I hope you would be voting for Ghaz/my work lol.

Who would have thought? I'm definitely excited for the exposure! Jesus, thank you for inspiring me to write amidst my troubles. Even if no one reads them, I know you do - over and over again.

Insomnia/Sleepless in Singapore
I do not sleep
I am in Kefalonia
Wide awake
I wish I was here

Rivers were born to meet the sea.

I toss, I turn, and roll alone
In the dark of streetlight
Dead as stone

Whatever it takes to get to the sea.

Sore from waiting
I hate to say
The pining of romance
Some oceans away

Oceans were made to hide my grief.

And we were made to love.
August 2, 2011                           
 

No comments:

Post a Comment