Tuesday, August 10, 2010

RESPEKT

Washing dishes for 8 hours is quite a personal feat, not physically but spiritually. It can only be God who always makes it fun albeit tiring and sometimes boring. It is such good training to train my new self to be humble, and my proud old self to die like a squashed bug. Or in the words of my friend Denesh, I murder my old self.

I've only done it thrice so far. And the aunties do it every day!!! And the moms and sisters of some of my friends in the Philippines..for much longer hours and a pay much lower than thirty times of mine.

RESPEKT.

Maybe we attach too much stigma to dishwashing that people usually respond in pity or shock when I tell them about it. Except my mom, who aches that her precious daughter is literally cleaning up the mess but sees the value of doing it. So she trusts me and lets me do it...she is so amazing.

Washing dishes on Sunday probably beats going to a church service where I take much effort to be physically still and yet not snooze off.... :p God teaches me a lesson about humility and self-denial right there as I wash and dry the dishes, and clear the sink periodically flooded with brownies and fudge. Looks like a clogged toilet haha!

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
A genocide-leader-turned-Christ-follower to
our family in Ephesus (southwest modern-day Turkey), AD 62

No comments:

Post a Comment