Thursday, August 26, 2010

David Choi

Over the weekend I've been checking out David Choi now that he's in Singapore (for the first time!) for a local musical festival called Baybeats. I have to say that I sure am inspired to do some things I've been holding back for fear of people judging me to be what I'm not. I'm being vague right here but something exciting should be coming up in the next month or two...I'm waiting for ideas from God. Right now there are quite a few playing in my mind as I get around to places every day..

(via Anthony, who flew down from Kuching, Sarawak to see David!)

David, Josh, Jack, Geri, and me after the Meet and Greet at Timbre Old School
Jack flew down from Bangkok just to see David too.

Heading out on the tram at the Night Safari!


The bunch of groupies who kind of chilled out at Night Safari with David.
Kind of because the safari was ok, but the company was great!

Geri, me, David, and Josh

David is incredibly honest and humble. It's easy to talk to him and cast away my image of him as a famous Youtuber when we talked. Like Geri said, it feels like you're just talking comfortably to a friend. I love meeting new people, and I love people like David who takes personal interest in new people, and have no qualms about talking about their own lives.

I'm not a fangirl, but inspired by his workshop about being a Youtube musician, I went to read his bio and the lyrics off his album By My Side. It's really great to know we share a similar vision, i.e. to make music that is meaningful and encouraging. So...I'm just waiting on God to know how I can serve him with my voice, maybe to a deeper extent that what I am doing now, which is basically just singing in my college's chamber choir for the semester, and jamming on and off when we're free..

I don't know. I'm just thinking..so exciting.

At the night safari, he said he would

No comments:

Post a Comment