Wednesday, August 4, 2010

how did we ever start hating them?

My eyes are sore and tired from bawling and crying and tearing most of today. It probably burned a lot of calories because I felt so tired the whole day.

How did we ever start hating our parents? Thinking they are nags, earsores, and people who take away free time from us?

Somewhere along the line, we've let selfishness eat away at the absolute adoration and pure love we had for our parents when we were little. And we replace this beautiful, innocent love with ungratefulness, getting picky at them and dismissing what they say...all cunningly in the name of independence, self-respect, and privacy.

What a lie we've believed in.

The last time I felt I so safe and loved by my parents when I was hurt was almost 14 years ago. Why had I rejected my mom's hugs and tears when she ached for me when I was hurt ever since then..until today?

How did this isolation ever happen in my life? God, show me. I feel you are showing me these things now because you know I am ready for it. Not to say it won't hurt, but I'm ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment