Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jesus billionaire

The Prosperity Gospel from The Global Conversation on Vimeo.


People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
1 Timothy 6: 9-10

You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
2 Corinthians 9: 11

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2: 20

2 comments:

  1. wow. These were powerful. The prosperity gospel sickens me but I still worry about how, because I'm American, it may influence me, even here. I know it affects my family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/baker-ruined-by-pound9-million-lottery-win-dies-1934553.html

    how true. riches ARE a curse.

    ReplyDelete