Friday, May 7, 2010

Goodbye

Airports.

Sometimes when friends leave, separation is bittersweet. The tears were playing hide-and-seek, I felt a hole that gaped and breathed in my chest.

Suddenly, excitement and many kinds of awesome melts away to uncover the things that have always been there. The sounds of the highway, the mynahs in love, dipping a fry in chili sauce, the tourist's lethargy in the departure hall...the stillness of my footsteps. Since there's no hangout to rush to.

A bittersweet loneliness.

Life is never the same again. It changes, bringing new people in while some old ones leave.

I guess the best part of it all is that many of these friendships last literally for ever.

Bittersweet is beautiful. There's beauty in friendship and beauty in my loneliness for now.

I miss you and I love you. Can't wait to see you again in eternity, if not this life.

Dedicated to Richard Latimer, 景扬, 魏昕, and Andrew Poon,
beautiful people walking on paths that
God decided to cross with mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment