Saturday, May 1, 2010

always embracing

I got off the bus and stepped into an all-familiar warmth that embraced me. The tropical sun that is warm and always gentle, it never bites.

The warmth wrapped around me, first between each of my legs and then my arms. Yes, this is the sun I know since I could remember it. I never realized this, and realizing it made me enjoy my walk home. Suddenly, everyone was walking so fast again, even though it was a lazy Saturday late morning.

Then the short breezes that come and go. They teased my hair and pecked me on the cheek before saying goodbye.

Passing my old apartment, I saw pieces of a red eight of hearts strewn across the floor, its sides neatly cut. But that was too much too bear. It was too cold under shelter, cold and drabby like a damp cell - I needed to feel the lovely embrace again.

And I saw the blue against which the trees were imprinted...

So the skies here are beautiful, it's just that the damp prison cells we live in cover them up away from us.

I smiled, keeping that small piece of hindered blue sky into the locket of skies in my heart. I bring the locket wherever I want to go.

I was home.

That ten-minute walk was simply magical.

1 comment:

  1. haha! yeah, i agree the skies here CAN be beautiful! =)

    especially the last few days!

    ReplyDelete