Thursday, October 16, 2008

Desiring God

O God, You are my God; earnestly I seek You;
my soul thirsts for You;
my flesh faints for You,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
So I have looked upon You in the sanctuary,
beholding Your power and glory.

Because Your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise You.
So I will bless You as long as I live;
in Your name I will lift up my hands.

My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,
and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,
when I remember you upon my bed,
and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
for You have been my help,
and in the shadow of Your wings I will sing for joy.
My soul clings to You;
Your right hand upholds me.

Psalm 63:1-9

2 comments:

  1. 'Desiring God'... you know, desire is such a strong emotion that i'm not used to. even for other aspects like squash. it really makes the difference. a team that is hungry for the win and one that is not. still learning to desire God.

    on that note, i love psalms. encouraging to know that a man like david also had the same struggles as people nowadays. what version did you use? never came across the expression 'fat and rich'... haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. quoted ESV :) John Piper's 'Desiring God' is a book I've yet to catch hold of (!!!).

    ReplyDelete