Thursday, March 15, 2012

rest




You strive, old man
And you strive again
Your heart too proud to rest
You labor on, singing those songs
To cover your weakness


Do you fail to recall
Who you really are
And who caused you to be?
Return, old man
Return and rest
To a burden light and yoke easy


Abide in your Savior
Abide in his love
The labor of God is to trust - in his Son


All you possess -
Do you forget
As if by your own strength?
You earned it all
He gave you all
Everything you have


Your righteousness, your life to breath
Your daily bread and wine
Is blood, is flesh
Is love, is death
Your faith in endless life


Open up your doors
Oh my heart is slow
Open up your doors
Let the King come in


Abide in me, Savior
Abide in me, love
And daily I'll take my cross
Follow after you, Lord


Abide in me, Savior
Abide in me, love
The labor of God is to trust

No comments:

Post a Comment