Monday, December 20, 2010

Nepal from a state of shock

I'm back from a short ten days in Kathmandu and Nagarkot in Nepal. I'm still emotionally and spiritually overwhelmed from what I've seen and experienced, and the people with whom I became friends with or interacted. I remember each one of you, no matter how brief our encounter, that's why I remember you in this poem I wrote for you.

I wrote this on the flight back to Singapore.


12/16/10
Eyes that sore
Eyes that flood
Why are goodbyes so hard?

Eyes that beg

And those that burn
Aflame with ambition and hope

I look into your soul

And you were all blood inside
Sometimes seeping out from bandage
Sometimes blooming in beauty

Look into mine and you'll see, you'll see

A rainbow of hope and tears
We laugh together and fall flat on autumn leaves
Orange, golden, red

We'll live a better tomorrow

Look into my eyes, my soul
You'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment